Home Owner's Insurance

Home insurance or homeowner's insurance is a type of property insurance that covers a private residence. It is an insurance policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one's home, its contents, loss of use (additional living expenses), or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home or at the hands of the homeowner within the policy territory.


Additionally, it provides compensation for damage, loss, or injury of property, personal belongings, or persons due to fire, theft, accidents, etc.


The four separate categories for your home, as defined by insurance companies, are:


  • Dwelling - The structure of the house is considered a covered property.

  • Other Structures - These are structures that are separate from the house or connected to the house by a fence, wire or another form of connection, but not otherwise attached to the dwelling, such as a tool shed or detached garage.


  • Personal Property - The contents of your home are your personal property. This includes furniture, appliances, and clothing. Not all personal property is covered. Items more appropriately covered under different forms of insurance may have limited or no coverage for a loss. These items include, but are not limited to, money, jewelry, and firearms.


  • Loss of Use - When a loss occurs due to a covered peril and the dwelling becomes uninhabitable, the cost of additional living expenses are covered. Reimbursement of additional living expenses covers the cost to the insured for maintaining a normal standard of living.


For more information on securing a home insurance policy for your property, contact us today!


Print | Sitemap
© 2023 Maiello & Manzi Agency. Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm, Evenings & Saturdays by Appointment Only.